Need help identifying this breed

Pics
I’m sorry but I will trust a professional over “expert” advice on a forum...unless someone has a degree in chickens that I don’t know about

I half wonder if some of the people on here have just had bad experiences mixing vets and chickens over the years. It'd probably help restore some of their faith in the profession if you were willing to share updates on your bird, but I totally understand if you don't want to.

Good luck with that cutie either way though! I know you'll take great care of them. :)

Following this thread! I have 0 experience sexing chickens unless it's super obvious (I was able to tell my friend had a cockerel because he was crowing and had pointed hackles, as well as the way his tail fell), so I'm just going to wait and see. It does seem like the vet would have some amount of experience, but most of the people on this thread are experts at this too... I'm waiting for an egg or a crow :lol:

Where have you seen hen-feathered Wyandottes?

I haven't personally seen any, it's just something I found out researching the breed before I got some.

Here's a site that references it: https://www.chickensandmore.com/silver-laced-wyandotte/

Wikipedia also has it on there, under characteristics. Trying to follow the citation, but it's behind a paywall. "Genetics and Evolution of the Domestic Fowl" pg 85-86, which does correlate to where the search says info on the Wyandotte is, but as I said, behind a pay wall. :/

I haven't personally seen any, it's just something I found out researching the breed before I got some.

Here's a site that references it: https://www.chickensandmore.com/silver-laced-wyandotte/

Wikipedia also has it on there, under characteristics. Trying to follow the citation, but it's behind a paywall. "Genetics and Evolution of the Domestic Fowl" pg 85-86, which does correlate to where the search says info on the Wyandotte is, but as I said, behind a pay wall. :/
That site is the only one I can find that mentions hen-feathering and Wyandottes in the same article.

Not a clue where they got that from.

Back
Top Bottom