Need help IDing breed

ging3rhoffman

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
I need help IDing which breed has black head feathers, white neck feathers and then grey/blue body feathers? I know she is an EE but there still has to be a breed that looks like that. I can identify some of my EEs mixed breedings by just looking at them..Like some of them have welsummer in them and others have game hen in them. I was just wondering if there is a breed with black head and grey body.

23509_dsc02387.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully someone will come along and give us an idea. I could go search the chicken breed website, there are alot to go through but i could probably find the breed.
fl.gif

The blue color is solid blue with darker blue lacing.

She looks like a faded game hen pattern with a blue hue, slight barring on some feathers, silver hackles and a black head.
There's probably 4 or 5 breeds in that hen.

She's an EE. They are a mix of Ameraucana blood and who-knows-what. They all are mutts and they all look different.

I'm not saying she IS an ameraucana. The OP asked about what breeds made up her EE since they're crosses. I was merely stating that her bird looked like a blue ameraucana.
big_smile.png

Quote:
In my post above I said she was an EE. I wanted to know what breed in her would show up black and grey. I have 2 EE's that are half welsummers...1 EE that is half game hen. This one could be half blue ameraucana. Just wanted to see pictures of pure breed chickens that had that coloring.

Back
Top Bottom