Need help IDing MMM free chick, plus are these Jersey Giants or a hybrid of some sort?

WalkingOnSunshine

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
Ohio
The black and white baby is my MMM free chick. Anyone have any clue? The black ones were sold as black sex link, but they are so much larger than the others the same age (the red ones are definitely ISA Brown) and they just don't look like black sex link, which I've had before. The black ones do have yellow on the undersides of their feet, but it makes no sense to me that Jersey Giants would be sold as hybrid birds... Can anyone clear up my mysteries?

Second ones: http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/black_giants.html

I'm still trying to figure out the first :/

Polish, Blue Andalusians, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Dark Cornish, Speckled Sussex, Light Brahmas, Red Leghorns, Mottled Houdans, Partridge and Columbian Rocks, Silver Laced and Columbian Wyandottes, Turkens
are listed on the site for their rare breeds special.

Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish
This is listed under their rarest of rare.

Last edited:
I know, I've looked at the MMM "rare breed" list until I'm blue in the face, and none of them seem to match this little girl. Splash Andalusian, maybe? But I've had Andalusians from MMM before, and this baby just doesn't look like one.

I know, I've looked at the MMM "rare breed" list until I'm blue in the face, and none of them seem to match this little girl. Splash Andalusian, maybe? But I've had Andalusians from MMM before, and this baby just doesn't look like one.

First thought of mine was Silver Spangled Hamburg until I realized she has a single comb. Sigh.. I have no clue.. She looks mixed quite honestly.. At least it looks to be a girl..

Sorry, no. She was kind of grey all over with a bit of white on the front. I looked all over the MMM website trying to match her, but couldn't. I assumed that we'd figure it out once she got older, but she's still a mystery.

I doubt she's mixed breed, since she came from MMM.

Back
Top Bottom