need help Incubating!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buff_the_rooster, Jun 13, 2009.

1. buff_the_rooster

buff_the_rooster Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    New York
    [​IMG]:/ I am new to BYC, but was hoping for some help incubating eggs. I have a forced air incubator with a turner. Temp is stable at 99.5, but I have no clue on humidity. What should it be? [​IMG] How do I tell what it is? I have 3 thermometers in incubator to make sure temp is good. Any tips would be great! [​IMG]
    A full incubator so I dont want to lose them.[​IMG]
    All my eggs have coloring. I have Brahmas, Australorpes, Marans and a couple bantam eggs.Eggs are dark and hard to candle.
    Hoping hatching goes well, I want to add Silkies, Stars and Faverolles to my collection! [​IMG]

2. rnoyster

rnoyster Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    To check the humidity, you will need a hygrometer. It registers the % of humidity in the incubator. I got mine on ebay for about $15. shipped.

3. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Songster

Nov 9, 2008
    Southern Idaho
    There have been numerous discussions on this site about hygrometers. Do a search, and you should be able to find an entire evenings worth of reading. I picked up a Springfield thermometer/hygrometer at Wally world for under $10.00, which proved to be quite accurate.

Jim

4. buff_the_rooster

buff_the_rooster Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    New York
    Thanks! Can anyone tell me around what degree to keep humidity. Yep! Lots of talk about thats for sure! May have enough to read for the whole 21 days!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: