need help mingling my new chickens to the old ones

Look up nighttime introduction in my opinion it works the best. I personally would not let the new guys range for A few days and keep them locked up in the run and coop for the next three to four days. By that time it will be weekend and you can watch what happens. Also remember the new guys will get pecked at first
Thank you! I'll keep them in there for about a week and then I figure I'll let the new birds roam with my old ones for an hour or so before dark so I can keep an eye on them. I read to do this kind of thing for a few days and then fingers crossed, all should be well.

I have had great success doing it over 14 days both times. Keep them totally isolated for 4 days to look for disease and treat for parasites. Then through a fence for one week. Then free range together for three days with them returning to their separate coops. Then on the fourth night put them on the floor of the coop at night. Then keep them in the run for three days and each night go out and put them on the roost next to the others. Worked absolutely perfectly both times I have added six new hens.

Back
Top Bottom