NEED HELP NOW!!!

Unforunately due to how many worms and the severity of it I had to make the horrible choice of putting her out of her misery. Both legs were featherless and her underside was completely covered with wounds and worms. Thank you everyone for their help and my favorite little lady will be missed
sad.png
Now how can I prevent the worms from spreading to my family and dogs? The chicken was in the garage in a cage and I've washed out the cage and everything we used while trying to heal her. So what procotions can I take to prevent it from spreading to my family and to my other chickens. I'm getting dewormer tomorrow for my whole flock

Ok they sort of looked like little worms but like I said there were these huge grub like things outside that looked like oversized maggots. So any ideas on what caused this?

It sounds like it was fly strike for sure. My baby would have been covered by morning so I'm glad I saved her from all the suffering

Unforunately due to how many worms and the severity of it I had to make the horrible choice of putting her out of her misery. Both legs were featherless and her underside was completely covered with wounds and worms. Thank you everyone for their help and my favorite little lady will be missed
sad.png
Now how can I prevent the worms from spreading to my family and dogs? The chicken was in the garage in a cage and I've washed out the cage and everything we used while trying to heal her. So what procotions can I take to prevent it from spreading to my family and to my other chickens. I'm getting dewormer tomorrow for my whole flock
hugs.gif
That's a very hard but right thing to do, I'm sorry.
hugs.gif

the egg broke inside so you have to stick your fingers in the but and pick out the shells or it with die soon

Back
Top Bottom