Need help on problem!

oh yeah, one more thing. We did give our pullet antibiotics right away when we brought her in the house but didn't keep up it up for very long, because we figured the real problem out (bullying).

BUT, my point here...
If you do the antibiotics (get at Fleet Farm) make sure also give her probiotics (sp?). It comes in vitamin-pill form in your local pharmacy. You just need to crush it up and put a little in her food. The antibiotics will mess with her little system and she needs this to regulate it.

I forgot why yogurt (also has wonderful probiotics in it) won't just work in this situation, but I read on one of the threads on BYC that it wouldn't.

Thanks for all the great replies! Chickengrandma, I put her on antibiotics, do I give the probiotics at the same time? I'm almost wondering if I should put Duramycin in the water
hmm.png
Anyway, heres a few pictures.

38360_ds6_ab_023.jpg

38360_ds6_ab_025.jpg

38360_ds6_ab_029.jpg

How is she doing? I really, really hope your beautiful girl is doing well.

(FYI - my bantam, that was exhibiting similar problems, (VERY sadly) died several weeks ago. I hope your baby made it through ok. I think my girl had respiratory or heart problems, which I just wasn't going to be able to fix.)

Back
Top Bottom