Need help, one is a roo, but the other three???

miketravis

Hatching
11 Years
May 4, 2008
I am 100% sure what I think is a Delaware is a roo, as he has started to crow, but the other three I am not sure on and need some help. All are about 12-13 weeks old.

Delaware ? Rooster 100% crows
IMG_4867.jpg

Wyandotte ? Hen 99%
IMG_4871.jpg

EE 99% Hen/Rooster ???
IMG_4866.jpg

RIR 99% Hen/Rooster ???
IMG_4868.jpg

More asst. pics
IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

Looks to me like you have 3 EEs there. The RIR and the Delaware have muffs and pea combs. The little black one is a hen. Of course I am no expert.

Anyway,
welcome-byc.gif

The little black one looks like an australorp and the red one looks like a RIR mixed with an EE. The black and white one could possibly be delaware also mixed with an EE. The gold one I don't know other than it is also mixed with an EE, maybe buff orp?

Well we were aiming to get 6 hens to support our egg habit and now we have already changed Bernice to Berny and Scarlet to Carl. We bought these when they were about 8 weeks old and were told they were all hens, we have two 4 week old "hens" that we are letting the kids raise from chicks. Obviously we are new to this and learning alot the hard way. My thoughts are to buy 4 more mature "guaranteed to be" hens and go ahead and call any roosters dinner in a few months. Any thoughts.....?

Looks like pic #1 is an EE Roo to me by the face tufts.
#2 Not sure
#3 EE Hen
#4 EE Roo

They are fabulous.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom