Need help please. My Wyandot has something wrong with her comb?

MichelleFL7

In the Brooder
May 1, 2023
Is this a fungus on her comb or something else?
She is not laying (that I can tell) still eats, drinks, stays with pack. But does lay down more than others. On 18% pellets, use hydro-hen in water 2X per week, gave oyster shell 1x wk. last week thought she was egg bound, soaked her in warm Epsom water, felt no egg seems spongy. Rechecked now semi firm feels same as others. Any idea, should I take to vet?

Attachments

• IMG_5538.png
    IMG_5538.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5537.png
    IMG_5537.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5536.png
    IMG_5536.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Are you referring to the dark spots on the top? If so, it looks like a minor injury and should heal with no treatment.
I would recommend feeding oyster shell free choice at all times if you aren't feeding a layer pellet.

Is this a fungus on her comb or something else?
She is not laying (that I can tell) still eats, drinks, stays with pack. But does lay down more than others. On 18% pellets, use hydro-hen in water 2X per week, gave oyster shell 1x wk. last week thought she was egg bound, soaked her in warm Epsom water, felt no egg seems spongy. Rechecked now semi firm feels same as others. Any idea, should I take to vet?
UPDATE: Confirmed coccidiosis. Have to treat whole flock. Vet said medicated feed.
Must clean coop, but what do you all use to eradicate or at least keep Protozoa at minimum?

Back
Top Bottom