Need help sexing 6 week old chickies >> Silverudd Blue, Ayem Cemani, Silver Double Laced Barnevelder

PNW keeper

Chirping
Mar 29, 2022
Alright, my babies are now 6 weeks old as of today. I have my own guesses about their sexes, but will let you make your own. I got them all from Feather Lover Farms in California. Let me know if you have any questions or if you would to see pictures from other views.

I am most stumped with the Ayem Cemani as I am not sure what to be looking for exactly.

Silverudd 1 - 2023 6 weeks copy.jpg

Silverudd 2 - 2023 6 weeks copy.jpg

Silverudd 3 - 2023 6 weeks copy.jpg

Silver Double-Laced Barnevelder 1 - 2023 6 weeks copy.jpg

Silver Double-Laced Barnevelder 2 - 2023 6 weeks copy.jpg

Ayem Cemani - 2023 6 weeks copy.jpg

Hi! I was going to guess cockerel for the Cemani, but saw the dates. So I will ask, how did it work out?

And curious about the cemanis feathers - are they laced?
The Cemani is a pullet! Her feathers aren’t exactly laced, but white at the edges which is quite a cool look. Her 3rd egg came today at 18 weeks old. They’re small and cute but are cream colored with white speckles.. pretty cool and unexpected actually.

93FFB5ED-FA5B-4181-AECA-1854E6E93C40.jpeg

The Cemani is a pullet! Her feathers aren’t exactly laced, but white at the edges which is quite a cool look. Her 3rd egg came today at 18 weeks old. They’re small and cute but are cream colored with white speckles.. pretty cool and unexpected actually.

View attachment 3531990
Well that’s cool. I haven’t seen any speckled eggs from my cemanis, but all my eggs are different colors, shapes and sizes.

Back
Top Bottom