need help sexing the 10 13 week old blackrock/rhodeislandred cross.

dan91

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 19, 2013

Here are the 10 chicks, i have already posted however in the group pictures it was hard to tell, i think i have 2 or 3 cockerels with the rest being pullets.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

thanks very much.
i have been looking at the size of their combs and thickness of there legs.
Dan

Cant possibly be all cockerels? what makes you say that?

the differences in them are huge

They're not all cockerels, don't worry. There are some very obvious girls in that group.

The ones that stand out to me as boys are 3, 4, 6, 8, and maybe 9 and 10, though not positive. They might just be hens who are aging quickly. Everyone else looks like a pretty little hen.

Hen
hen
roo
roo
hen
roo? not positive on this one
hen--where'd that crest come from? It's cute!
roo
roo
roo--again, not positive.

At this age I'm going off comb size and redness, plus darker shading on the wing bow for red birds, or red leakage on the wing for black birds.

Very nice pics, too, thank you! It must have taken a while with that many birds, but those are nice shots for guessing gender.

Hen
hen
roo
roo
hen
roo? not positive on this one
hen--where'd that crest come from? It's cute!
roo
roo
roo--again, not positive.

At this age I'm going off comb size and redness, plus darker shading on the wing bow for red birds, or red leakage on the wing for black birds.

Very nice pics, too, thank you! It must have taken a while with that many birds, but those are nice shots for guessing gender.
yea thanks it did take a while especially when the phone ran out of battery half way through. :D We also love the one with the funky crest, will send you the picture of the mother if you like she is similar but totally black gets called granny.

The last three you think are roos they are alot smaller than number 3, also the wattles are tiny in comparison?

just (clucking) at straws need some new ladies!

Back
Top Bottom