need help sexing this peafowl

Birdrain- those chicks are way older than 2 weeks, they are heavily feathered, which takes weeks to happen.

Birdrain- those chicks are way older than 2 weeks, they are heavily feathered, which takes weeks to happen.
My chicks begin growing in crest feathers when they're almost 3 weeks old. My birds are fully feathered little after a month old.

Last edited:
what you may be seeing, is peachicks that are older when the hen brings them up, therefore, you only think they are only 1 month old. I have been raising them for over 30 yrs and I live in a warm place. chicks are not fully feathered at 1 month and can die from exposure, especially if hatched late in the breeding season.

My peafowl are penned. I incubate one clutch and my peahens get to incubate a clutch. I know when my peachicks and her peachicks hatch.

Your peahen is beautiful and yes she is just a purple peacock because they normally have light backs so it is not part cameo, are they your first peacocks you said you dont know to much about peacocks so i figured

Question - love this group by the way - we r in Northern KY, Greater Cincinnati and I've been concerned that the purple peafowl that I have may not be able to tolerate the cold temps. The one has lots of white in the wings and such. Are they from greens? Aren't greens cold intolerant? Or am I misinterpreting the info.

Question - love this group by the way - we r in Northern KY, Greater Cincinnati and I've been concerned that the purple peafowl that I have may not be able to tolerate the cold temps. The one has lots of white in the wings and such. Are they from greens? Aren't greens cold intolerant? Or am I misinterpreting the info.
Green and High % Spaldings are cold intolerant. Can you post a picture of your birds? Chances being they're not High enough Spalding to be cold intolerant. They do need shelter from the weather though, regardless of what kind of peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom