Need help she does not seem getting better

lilofthestars

Songster
8 Years
Oct 9, 2015
My one hen looks sick. Some one advised may he Poultry pox. And there’s not too much you can do for her. I tried given them a lot of great vitamins with good food. She’s had a black scab up on her eye and then it went down to her throat. There has to be something I can do to help her besides the vitamins you know and the good food. It’s very hard to take a picture of her because she’s one of my Skittish chickens. But I did try this evening to take a picture please look you could see the black around her eye and down her throat, she seems to be eating all right and drinking. Anything would be greatly appreciated any advice how I could possibly help her. My other chickens which I only have two other Brahmas don’t see him as effective as she does. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help. The first picture is when it started and then it went down to her throat as you could see in the second picture

Attachments

• 95C1D07F-AF68-4BD1-B5C1-6EDB387D9E76.jpeg
    95C1D07F-AF68-4BD1-B5C1-6EDB387D9E76.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 51CA6452-F1F4-4237-A7E6-3295D23E3F41.jpeg
    51CA6452-F1F4-4237-A7E6-3295D23E3F41.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 11
You can apply antibiotic ointment to soften the scabs and help with any secondary infection, but the pox virus has to run its course.

Organic layer feed, Black sunflower seeds, dried worms, I mix and some organic oats, mix a little Diatomaceous earth, I also been adding some liquid vitamins and putting them on a little pieces of organic bread. Thank you for your help

Well I Did apply the anti-biotic ointment this evening. I also bought some more vitamins and a different kind of food high protein with probiotics until they get better because they’re not laying eggs none of them right now. It seems like it’s been longer than 14 days and having this song poultry pox According to what I read it’s supposed to run its course within 14 days. Thank you so much for your help I really do appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom