Need help Trying to decide on what type of meat bird to raise next

Mwddavis

Hatching
Mar 29, 2020
Hi this is my first time raising chickens. I went with 30 Cornish cross from Meyer hatchery. So far going well I lost 3 the first week after getting them to cocidiosis. Treated with Corid and all is well now and they are growing like crazy. Now three and a half weeks old. I have been trying to decide what kind of bird I want to do next round. I thot I was dead set on rainbow rangers from Meyer hatchery. But then I noticed that there’s many other breeds of meet birds that are much cheaper and some people were saying they’re just as good. Looking for a fairly large bird that will grow out in less than 11 weeks. I was hoping to get one that isn’t as lazy as the Cornish cross as well as hopefully doesn’t produce as much poop. I was looking at the kosher king, red ranger, or rainbow ranger. Does anyone have any experience with these breeds and best hatchery to order from with the Lowest price. Any and all info and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You will have a hard time to find a better meat bird than the CX. That will be your cheapest pound for pound.
I really enjoy the Red Royal Broilers from Moyers Hatchery in PA.
I think most of the red Broilers are all very similar with different names for different hatcheries.

Back
Top Bottom