Need help whitening the feathers of my white silkie show chickens!

chickenshower8

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
I have three white silkie show chickens and need help whitening their feathers. How can I make their feathers more fluffier and what products can I use to get stains out?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You will want to stop by the Silkies Showing thread and chat with all those expert Silkie owners about how to care for all those white feathers before the show....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/690632/silkie-breeding-genetics-showing

Silkies are fun birds to keep. Good luck with the show circuit and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. TwoCrows and Kelsie2290 have given you some good links for getting your White Silkies ready for showing. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Silkies.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. I've found that just washing birds often makes them fluffier. Using whitening dog shampoo has also helped my white chickens.

"Bathing and grooming silkies for show " is a very thorough piece. I do believe it discusses getting whites brighter etc. It's been a while since I read it. White silkies to be shown are sometimes kept out of direct sun( covered run) and some people feel feeding too much corn can make the feathers yellowy.

Back
Top Bottom