Need Help with Baby chick!

HappyEggs

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 14, 2013
Baby chick started struggling with walking obviously on Day two. Thought it was spraddle and created a band in between legs. I have done this before with success. Now it is day 4 and it isn't getting any better. I have tried to make adjustments and try different distances with the attachment on the legs. Nothing seems to help. The baby chick doesn't seem to have any movement in its feet and it scoots around on its heels which seem to be worn out. Not sure if this is a lack of muscle usage or what. I really need help on this one!!!

I would try pulling the bandage closer together. Another thing you could try is physical therapy. My chick has a bad leg and to keep the muscles strong, I stretch the leg out several times a day and kind of bounce him on my palm to keep the leg strong. You could try that with vitamins and maybe a scrambled egg for extra protein. Best of luck!

Baby chick started struggling with walking obviously on Day two. Thought it was spraddle and created a band in between legs. I have done this before with success. Now it is day 4 and it isn't getting any better. I have tried to make adjustments and try different distances with the attachment on the legs. Nothing seems to help. The baby chick doesn't seem to have any movement in its feet and it scoots around on its heels which seem to be worn out. Not sure if this is a lack of muscle usage or what. I really need help on this one!!!
Hello and I'm sorry your having issues with your little baby. The OP has given you a good site and here is another one to check out on BYC. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures. When you get there just type in spraddle legs. I hope everything works out for you and your baby. :hugs,:fl

Back
Top Bottom