Need help with bantam breed identification

twinmama

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
Illinois
I have 3 new bantam chicks that are almost 3 weeks old. I'm pretty sure on 2 of the breeds, but not sure on the 3rd. I originally thought the 2 dark chicks were the same, since they looked very similar in the beginning, but they have different feather patterns now that they're coming in. Any help would be great!
Chick 1 feathered legs, light yellow with gray/blue cast.
Chick 2 brown and black, feathering in gold rimmed in black. Golden Sebright?
Chick 3 brown and black, feathering in lighter brown with black strip down center of each feather. Clean, dark legs. This is the 1 I really don't have a clue on.
Chick 3 again top view
Chicks 2 & 3 side by side for comparison

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I was thinking porcelain on chick 1 also. She/he has 4 toes if that makes a difference in ID of this 1. I haven't looked up cochins to know their characteristics, but I'll check that out. Hadn't considered silver Sebright either, so I'll look up pics of those too.

I looked up silver Sebright, but the feathers on the birds I saw were totally different, so still hoping someone can help ID this little chick.

Sebrights and a d'uccle. The first one is a porcelain d'uccle. And I know what you mean. My little silver sebright roo looked weird until it was older. But that's what you have :)

Buff Sebrights have no black. We have two this year. Your other chicks are Golden Sebrights!

Are you thinking both dark chicks are Golden Sebrights? Sorry my pics were taken with a cell, so the lighting is off. They actually look totally different up close. 1 of them is a Golden I'm pretty sure, but the other is dark tan and black striped with lots of black. No white/silver color at all, and a totally different feather pattern. I have no experience at all with bantam breeds, but I definitely want to know what breeds I have so I can learn as much as I can about them!

If the one you are not sure about has blue legs its a sebright for sure. If not I have no clue lol. I agree with golden sebright. Maybe its color is just a little off for now and as it feathers out it will look more like it should. I'm having a similar issue with my sebrights. Both are silver and then hen looks perfect but the roo has a lot more black than it should. I don't know if this is normal in young sebrights or not as this is my first year with them but maybe yours is the same way with strange-ish markings.

Back
Top Bottom