Need help with crop/ from sweden

Unlike impacted crop which is full of solid material, sour crop is mostly sour liquid. Massaging or even pushing on the crop no matter how slightly during handling, can push the liquid up into her throat and choke her to death.

If you spend time on this forum and read threads asking for help treating sour crop, you will come across tragedies where the chicken keeper has tried to massage or empty the crop and the chicken dies in their hands.

Unlike impacted crop which is full of solid material, sour crop is mostly sour liquid. Massaging or even pushing on the crop no matter how slightly during handling, can push the liquid up into her throat and choke her to death.

If you spend time on this forum and read threads asking for help treating sour crop, you will come across tragedies where the chicken keeper has tried to massage or empty the crop and the chicken dies in their hands.
I would never try to make her vomit as I understood that they could be suffocated by it.
but in this case, her crop does not feel like it is full of liquid but feels like food in it and sometimes a bit like a dough.
there is only water coming out of her beak sometimes and that is when she has just drunk and bows her head to eat or the like.

she has become so alert today, she is digging in the shavings and has growled at a bird she saw through the window

NOW HER CROP IS EMPTY !!!
it's morning and when my husband went in to check the situation he comes back and says that I should feel her crop and the feeling I have been waiting for has finally arrived.

what should i think about now?
and when will she get out to her friends again?

it's morning and when my husband went in to check the situation he comes back and says that I should feel her crop and the feeling I have been waiting for has finally arrived.

what should i think about now?
and when will she get out to her friends again?
Yay!!!

:ya:celebrate:wee

"and when will she get out to her friends again?"
How long has she been apart? They have surprisingly short memories I've found. Try moving the crate outside and see how everyone reacts when they re-meet. If there's no aggression, you could open the crate door. If there is, you might need to go through a proper integration process.

Back
Top Bottom