Need help with getting ducks

We have something called Gumtree which i presume is the same thing, like a local Ebay i suppose. It has a fair amount of people selling ducks varying from weeks to years old. Someones actually trying to pass on 18 Muscovies if i remember correctly since their new house wont allow for them; which is quite sad.

I was actually trying to start a thread with help in regards to pen placement and such with pictures of my backyard area however the submission had problems (probably because i was using my phone) so i ended up starting this thread instead. My family recently moved to this house and its being renovated by my parents and i help a bit (not much of a handyman). We are almost up to reinventing the outside now; which also means if i would want ducks i should choose where they should go before we get too far and it all ends up as brick and patio or somesuch. Although to be honest since we are doing this ourselves that could span into next year haha.

I was thinking of getting a job at one of the many small zoos/wildlife parks but at the moment 1 job is enough for me.

And Revan if I got a rescue duck, i would try and get something like what my sister did, which is taking on a pet that the original owners couldn't keep for much longer and you just care for it and give it a good home until a permanent residence is found and yes the duck will most likely need more attention than something like a rabbit (although all pets should get proper care and attention) which i would give it even though its not permanent.

Oh and since we are still in a renovating stage, if there are any dangers in my area (and there are) i will definitely make sure the security is there and installed. Living in Australia should give me a clear understanding on how much threats can be in the wild. Thanks again!

Last edited:
We have something called Gumtree which i presume is the same thing, like a local Ebay i suppose. It has a fair amount of people selling ducks varying from weeks to years old. Someones actually trying to pass on 18 Muscovies if i remember correctly since their new house wont allow for them; which is quite sad.

I was actually trying to start a thread with help in regards to pen placement and such with pictures of my backyard area however the submission had problems (probably because i was using my phone) so i ended up starting this thread instead. My family recently moved to this house and its being renovated by my parents and i help a bit (not much of a handyman). We are almost up to reinventing the outside now; which also means if i would want ducks i should choose where they should go before we get too far and it all ends up as brick and patio or somesuch. Although to be honest since we are doing this ourselves that could span into next year haha.

I was thinking of getting a job at one of the many small zoos/wildlife parks but at the moment 1 job is enough for me.

And Revan if I got a rescue duck, i would try and get something like what my sister did, which is taking on a pet that the original owners couldn't keep for much longer and you just care for it and give it a good home until a permanent residence is found and yes the duck will most likely need more attention than something like a rabbit (although all pets should get proper care and attention) which i would give it even though its not permanent.

Oh and since we are still in a renovating stage, if there are any dangers in my area (and there are) i will definitely make sure the security is there and installed. Living in Australia should give me a clear understanding on how much threats can be in the wild. Thanks again!

Whether you get a pet duck, a rescue duck, a foster duck, nothing changes in the care and feeding requirements.

Good Luck.

@vectorfox , I think that the fact you have put so much thought into this shows you are responsible enough to give some ducks a loving home. So many people buy adorable ducklings without a thought of the future, and those are usually the ducks that get neglected. Talk to your Mom, if you still live with your parents they can help care for them while you are in school. Try to get the ducklings when you have an extended break so you can devote your complete attention to them. You are going to be a great duck mama! And keep coming back here, it is a wealth of information, and so many people on here are helpful and friendly, and will help you through the tough times, and laugh with you through the adorable times. :)

Thank you for the kind words.

I sure will, these forums are a wonderful duck fountain of knowledge.

Yeah I'm still living with my parents, homes are quite expensive so I won't be getting one for a while.

Back
Top Bottom