1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need help with haching chicks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marcus connor, Nov 21, 2014.

1. marcus connor

marcus connor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    Eastern Texas
    can someone make a list of things i need to incubate and hatch eggs,this spring i am going to start hatching little chicks.thanks:)

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    For hatching: Good quality eggs, an incubator, at least 2 (I use 3) reliable thermometers for the bator, a hygrometer. I also use the rubber shelf liner over my wire for hatching and sponges inside to help with humidity. (And lots and lots of patience, maybe even some nerve pills [​IMG])

For Brooding: A brooder of some sort, bedding (I use pine shavings), a reflecting light or other heating source, water dish, food dish and chick starter crumbles.

And I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

3. marcus connor

marcus connor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    Eastern Texas
    thanks

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101
    This link is a great read if your starting out for the first time with incubating eggs. Has lots of great info and extra links on various topics. Great list there for you from AmyLynn. Also buy the best incubator you can afford. But be warned incubating can become highly addictive!!
    Good luck with your future incubating :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by