Need help with making a home made egg turner and info?

Goober1201

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
Apollo Pa, 15613
Hi, I have had a great hatch rate with my havo bator and the auto egg turner. So great I got another to do even more eggs and this one does not have a turner. I will be getting another soon when i get a bit more money. I have seen on here about using the egg cartons and tilting the bator.. and or to put PVC pipe under the egg carton and tilt the carton. I don't want to open the lid.. so what is the best way to do this. Mine is a forced air bator. Should I tilt from side to side if I do the whole bator or should I tilt every corner? Or should I tile the egg cartons from one side then turn them up right then on there side again.. or just side to side? Any info would be GREAT!!

could you not have a look on ebay for those yellow hovabator turning cradles

or use that idea to make some with steel wire

do a search I remember creating a thread asking for dimensions of those yellow trays

so that should give you a start on making them

I hope someone has some info soon. My shipped eggs have to go in soon.
hu.gif

Eggs in a carton in the bator can be tilted quickly and easy enough - raise one end up, next time raise the other end. Make sure you cut down the carton some and put air holes for air-circulation. Tilting the bator will be problematic as, eggs would roll or carton would slide to other side and water troths would empty. Good Luck with your hatch.

I im doing the egg carton thing now basicly I tilt side to side one side up a few hours later and I put the other side up right now Im having to open my homeade bator its a styrofom little cooler.

Back
Top Bottom