Need help with my dog

I have a husky mix that has a similar problem but for him it was peeing in the house at night time. We tried the methods that have worked for us in the past, and nothing seemed to click for this pup. I always thought it was something to do with our training, but over the years I've wondered if it was something else. Incontinence might actually be the issue. We bought reusable dog diapers on Amazon (I shared the link below) after two years of serious effort in trying to teach him to only pee outside. After a while (a few years) it became apparent that this was just going to be a thing we couldn't win against, so...diapers at night, or when we leave him alone during the day, it is.

And, I have to say, the diapers on dogs are HILARIOUS, especially the very dignified tartan patterns. They seem to be comfortable, he doesn't mind them, the velcro is excellent, and I just wash and reuse as needed. I'm pretty sure I bought 9 and I just keep a stack in the linen closet.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_1?ie=UTF8&adId=A103741122HMBF917Z6M4&url=/Teamoy-Resuable-Diapers-Washable-13-16Waist/dp/B01LAH8BKM/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=3BNYVX0G7VPEF&keywords=dog+diapers&qid=1653218304&sprefix=dog+diaper%2Caps%2C379&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&smid=A2AA8VHQP4Y6V&qualifier=1653218304&id=414888501940588&widgetName=sp_atf)
Yes, these are the belly bands that I was speaking about. Wonderful product and they do work really well.

Best dog I ever had was deaf! Once you learn how to affectively communicate with him things will be so much easier. I used to have 2 deaf dogs and people would often comment on how they responded to commands so much better than there dogs.
Hmm that's good to know. What kind of communication methods did you use

Use modified sign language and it's as easy as cake. I had a sign for my dogs name(I used black dog for my black dog lol and kitty for my other dog), a sign to get there attention(I would hold my hand up with a peace sign then point at my eyes to show them I wanted them to look at me, I used the sign for toilet to ask them if they needed to potty, I would do a little walking sign to ask if they wanted to walk, holding my hand up and showing them the palm of my hand was stop, middle finger was bad dog 😅 . It probably helps I have a very expressive face

Use modified sign language and it's as easy as cake. I had a sign for my dogs name(I used black dog for my black dog lol and kitty for my other dog), a sign to get there attention(I would hold my hand up with a peace sign then point at my eyes to show them I wanted them to look at me, I used the sign for toilet to ask them if they needed to potty, I would do a little walking sign to ask if they wanted to walk, holding my hand up and showing them the palm of my hand was stop, middle finger was bad dog 😅 . It probably helps I have a very expressive face
Lol love the middle finger I have a 12 year old saint and when I tell he to shut up she does lol but that's good to know

Back
Top Bottom