Need help with my dog

Your dog will understand potty training since he's a little older.

Learn how to train your dog to potty in one place in the house or an area in the yard.
I always take him out on a l eww ash to the corner of are yard same were my other 3 dogs go. These like delayed or something. I have contacted the breedwr to see if she has advice because she is a decent breeder and has done this for 25 plus year

He looks very much like my Red Golden. Is he a golden mix? Mine did the happy pee and grew out of it. He looks very young so I think he will grow out of it. Some dogs just don't do great in crates, others do. Considering that he was not fairly and appropriately crate trained before you got him you probably shouldn't force the crate has he now sees it as a bad place instead of a "safe place," You're saying kennel though, if it's a large kennel put some pee pee pads in it, they are supposed to "go," in kennels. Is it a crate or a kennel? Not all dog's have a great ability to "hold it," so you probably have to work hard at allowing him outside more. The whole thing is a bit confusing but seems pretty normal for puppyhood. How old is he?
He actually doesnt hate his kennel or crate at all he does great in it. He is a cocker spaniel. At about 4 months old.

Is he crated while you are at work with no option but to go potty in there?

I ask since he is far to young to have great control yet. He needs to go out often at that age.

My 15 week old bloodhound is confined to the kitchen while we are at work. We get home he is taken outside immediately.....and while he is out I mop. Just way to young to wait 9.5 hours to potty.

Is he crated while you are at work with no option but to go potty in there?

I ask since he is far to young to have great control yet. He needs to go out often at that age.

My 15 week old bloodhound is confined to the kitchen while we are at work. We get home he is taken outside immediately.....and while he is out I mop. Just way to young to wait 9.5 hours to potty.
I am home all day everyday and we are outside probably half the time taking care of chickens and everything so my dogs follow me around alot. The only reason o leave is to go to church or run to the store. I usally let him out every hour. But he cant even make it 2 hrs without going to the rest room.

I am home all day everyday and we are outside probably half the time taking care of chickens and everything so my dogs follow me around alot. The only reason o leave is to go to church or run to the store. I usally let him out every hour. But he cant even make it 2 hrs without going to the rest room.

Sounds pretty normal for a pup that age.

It's hard I know.

One thing that helped here was to train them to paw a spring loaded doorstop to ask for out. That sound travels very well so no matter where I am in the house I can hear it.
I trained ours by tapping it with my foot and doing a super excited "Go outside?". Once outside we played a few minutes then went back in, a half hour later repeat, and repeat, and repeat. They catch on pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom