Need help with my mystery chick !!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sbas5561, Sep 6, 2013.

1. sbas5561

sbas5561 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I got 10 Cochin bantam hatching eggs. 8 out of ten hatched. I noticed that at about a week old this one wasnt getting any feathers on his feet & his feet are green ?? Now at three weeks still green featherless feet!! I texted the lady I got the eggs from to see if maybe a different Roo jumped a fence ? She says there is no way the are all separt ! The little guy looks part Americana to me , he's the same size as the others but he does have racing stripes & none of the others do. So I need yalls help what do you think? ( I call it a him because every time a open their cage he gets between my hand & all the other babies & pecks at me!! Guess he's the protector of their tiny flock lol !! He's more aggressive than the others also !)

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

He looks like an Easter Egger.

3. Just Wingin It

Just Wingin It Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    centerville texas
    "he" is cute!

4. sbas5561

Aug 5, 2013

Can an easter egger come in a bantam size

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Yes, there are bantam Easter Eggers, most commercial hatcheries sell them (usually as bantam Ameraucanas). I take it he didn't hatch out of a blue/green egg though? Does she have any EEs or Ameraucanas?

6. LadyofChickRose

LadyofChickRose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    Easter Egger for sure! Bantam or not!
    Congrads! [​IMG]

7. sbas5561

Aug 5, 2013
    quote name="Kelsie2290" url="/t/822084/need-help-with-my-mystery-chick#post_11962232"]Yes, there are bantam Easter Eggers, most commercial hatcheries sell them (usually as bantam Ameraucanas). I take it he didn't hatch out of a blue/green egg though? Does she have any EEs or Ameraucanas?[/quote

Yes she has large fowl americana but says they could not have have cross bread ?! No he hatched out of a little cream colored egg!

8. Veer67

Chickens can cross breed, they are from the same family of birds (Phasianidae).

9. sbas5561

Aug 5, 2013

I think she meant they are all in separate pens & therefor couldn't cross breed ...(I think she has a fence jumper [​IMG])

10. Veer67

That's possible, some chickens are better at jumping/flying than others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by