Need help with my mystery chick !!

sbas5561

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 5, 2013
null_zpsf9ea8a36.jpg

I got 10 Cochin bantam hatching eggs. 8 out of ten hatched. I noticed that at about a week old this one wasnt getting any feathers on his feet & his feet are green ?? Now at three weeks still green featherless feet!! I texted the lady I got the eggs from to see if maybe a different Roo jumped a fence ? She says there is no way the are all separt ! The little guy looks part Americana to me , he's the same size as the others but he does have racing stripes & none of the others do. So I need yalls help what do you think? ( I call it a him because every time a open their cage he gets between my hand & all the other babies & pecks at me!! Guess he's the protector of their tiny flock lol !! He's more aggressive than the others also !)

Yes, there are bantam Easter Eggers, most commercial hatcheries sell them (usually as bantam Ameraucanas). I take it he didn't hatch out of a blue/green egg though? Does she have any EEs or Ameraucanas?

quote name="Kelsie2290" url="/t/822084/need-help-with-my-mystery-chick#post_11962232"]Yes, there are bantam Easter Eggers, most commercial hatcheries sell them (usually as bantam Ameraucanas). I take it he didn't hatch out of a blue/green egg though? Does she have any EEs or Ameraucanas?[/quote

Yes she has large fowl americana but says they could not have have cross bread ?! No he hatched out of a little cream colored egg!

quote name="Kelsie2290" url="/t/822084/need-help-with-my-mystery-chick#post_11962232"]Yes, there are bantam Easter Eggers, most commercial hatcheries sell them (usually as bantam Ameraucanas). I take it he didn't hatch out of a blue/green egg though? Does she have any EEs or Ameraucanas?[/quote

Yes she has large fowl americana but says they could not have have cross bread ?! No he hatched out of a little cream colored egg!
Chickens can cross breed, they are from the same family of birds (Phasianidae).

Chickens can cross breed, they are from the same family of birds (Phasianidae). 

I think she meant they are all in separate pens & therefor couldn't cross breed ...(I think she has a fence jumper
1f633.png
)

Back
Top Bottom