Need help with my quails

Clement Quails

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
I just hatched chinese blue breasted quails for the first time it was great, but now they are in between 24-48 hrs old and some of them are falling over on their backs and are having trouble getting back up how do I stop that from happening and what do I do to help them I have a non-skid shelf liner in their brooder box but I don't know what else to do.
sad.png

I am feeding them starter grow that was suggested I'm using a heat light in the brooder box like I was told and I'm using a water dish that they can not get into and drown like I saw on web sites I did research on them but I don't understand why some of them are falling over and I'm having to help them up I don't know if they are weaker than the rest or if those few are having leg issues

And this is a gamebird starter? I would check to see if it doesn't smell funky. If you are near a grocery store, I would go and get some poli vi sol for infants without iron and put a few drops in the water. Something is not right if they are not using their feet and legs properly. Either feed issues or something else.

Ok Thank you its only a few that are doing it the rest are doing great I'm just worried about those few this is my first time hatching.

In every hatch, there may be some weaklings due to nature taking it's course. Hoping some of them pull through. I was under the impression ALL of the babies were showing the symptoms. Glad it's only a few out of the bunch but still hoping they pull through !
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom