Need help with my rooster please

Lynette

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Lapeer County, Michigan
I have a silver laced Wyndotte rooster that started acting sick a few days ago. Now, he is sitting on his roost looking all depressed. His comb and wattles aren't bright red anymore. They are more of a dark red or purplish and when he breathes in, he is opening his beak. I have noticed for a while now that his crowing has changed. The last part of the crow hasn't been coming out. Is it respiratory? Can I give him anything to make him better? Please help!!

I think gape worm... Just because you say he isopening up his beak to breathe. But a case of worms can hock a guy down quick. I would worm him, bring him in, keep him warm, and spoil him with goodies like oatmeal, eggs, yogurt. Most vets can do a stool sample... Even on birds. Find a getting looks at exotic birds. After all chickens are so the most exotic bird! Lol. Also, how old is he?

Hi Lynette. How are his eyes, are they cloudy or have discharge? Does he have any discharge coming out of his mouth? I had a case of something respiratory about 3 years ago and I used Tylan50 which I got at TSC. You can use it as a syring/shot or I squirted it in each of their mouths everyday for a week. It worked absolute wonders!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom