Need HELP with pasty "constipated" butt!! Can I "Express bowel"????

Do you think the weak quail is getting enough heat? Birds should have extra heat when they're injured, ChickenLegs13 has a good suggestion to put them back in the incubator, maybe like a little chick ICU? Lol

You could lower the temperature and keep him in a tall Tupperware to keep the incubator clean :)

They seem to have the right amount of heat.. They're not shivering or running from the light. They eat & drink & go back under it to warm up.. The pheasant (pasty butt) that's in with the little quail doesn't peck at him or anything.. They seem like best buds!!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
They lay beside one another & if the pheasant walks around it follows him when it can.. I have a cloth in with them & they love it.. The pevious weaklings are the only ones that acted weird after the egg also.. None of the others are affected.. The pasty butt isn't effected either.. But those 2 don't run for the food like crazy when I put it in there.. The others flock right around & fight to get the good stuff!!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
They all seem really good right now.. I'm just worried about what I do with them as they grow?? How long do I keep them in the tote? With a light? Inside?? I have a rabbit hutch that has vacancy as one of my kids rabbit passed in May.. It is a 2'x3 1/2'' space with the front foot of the bottom hardware cloth & the rest plywood.. The door has a square cut out with hardware cloth also.. No other air vents or Windows.. Do I up cycle another piece of wood & make a top for the divided tote?? The one that has 10 in it has a top & they can't escape.. Well, unless you open the lid of course!
1f61c.png
Like I said, I'm new to this hatching/raising baby chicks thing.. When I was growing up it wasn't as complicated.. We had the free range momma hatch the eggs & she took care of the babies!!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

This is the rabbit hutch I was talking about.. Before the top, sides & doors were installed.. I don't seem to have a finished picture on my camera roll.. Lol

That was 2 yr ago when we got the baby bunnies.. Still have 3.. We don't know what happened to Hershey.. Must have had a heart attack,. Who knows..

One of my 8 day old pheasants wing looks hurt????

Another thing, why can't I post a pic on the peasant forum?? Is it baca use I've never replied or posted one??

Back
Top Bottom