Need help with pregnant lab...*update*still no pups :(

I tried to express some milk but got nothing....her milk didn't come in until after she gave birth last time. No drips or dribbles or anything. My husband said that he saw milk almost 2 weeks ago from out of her 2 back nipples but I have yet to see anything. I don't know...
barnie.gif

When my lab mix was pregnant during the winter months a few years ago.. everyone kept saying ( oh Mark don't know what he talking about ) ...lol but i knew she was pregnant... and when ever my dogs went into labor this is how i could tell

Yes i would check for Milk but if that didn't work.....when the Mother dog starts to dig or hide alot then i knew due date was close and then one day when it was about 32 degrees outside i look out my window and saw Lady ( my lab ) she was panting like it was hot outside then she would walk a few step and then bend down like she was peeing but nothing came out that's when i knew she was in labor..when you see a pregnant dog panting in very cold weather then she's in labor..My grandmas poodle did the same thing last winter when she had her puppies and i knew when she was in labor but know one believe me until i said ( go look she already had one just now ) ..lol

I know this isn't much help but i hope it can help you some
smile.png

Just keep your eye on her as much as you can...my lab always went into labor during the day but didn't start having her puppies until late at night

I hear you! I took her temp again this morning and it was still 100. I don't know anymore. I can't imagine that I was this off about the dates but if I was off by a week, I went back and counted and she still has 2 or 3 days if I was that off. Things were so crazy I could've been. I wish I had a stethoscope and could listen to her belly. I can't see the little buggers moving but if they have moved back then I may not be able to see them. She was licking again this morning and is still kind of restless but I just don't know guys.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

I don't have the money in the bank to take her to the vet until Friday, I just paid the mortgage. I guess I'll just have to wait until then and see. I just can't see her absorbing the puppies. We could see her stomach rolling. If she miscarries then wouldn't we need to do something to "get rid" of the puppies? I just would figure that her temp would be high like if she had an infection...you don't just miscarry and not show any signs of it. I don't know...I guess I just have to keep waiting.

I'll keep ya'll posted...sorry

Lori

Nope, just keep waiting. They will come!! I predict Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen and Rudolph will make their entrance soon. Oops, forgot, Olive, she will be the surprise puppy!!

You would see the evidence of a miscarriage...mass of half formed puppies on your kitchen floor. So don't worry, just give her more time. Mares & female dogs have a way of making you wait!

I agree lori, I don't think she can absorb this late in the game. What I do is lay her down and lay my head(ear) on her tummy. Listen to the sounds....you can hear them and probably feel them rolling round. She is on her own timetable and SHE knows when she is due.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom