Need help with rooster

Ya its bad I think it is. How do u keep them from spilling there water I tryied so many different ways put it high they knock it down or put shaveings in it

If you cannot post pictures, extent of the damage frostbite may not be known for a few days. Sometimes they will lose tips of toes, toes and even the whole foot. If possible bring him inside in a dog cage with foot and water to warm up. Spray his feet with Vetericyn wound spray or betadine to help with infection. It may take up to a month or longer when toes may fall off if the damage is bad. Chickens can live nirmally without toes, but if the whole foot is frostbitten, it would be hard to live normally. In this picture below the black toes show exactly where the toes will come off:
View attachment 2036775
I did put pics up

Where are you located? Just a general location, such as a state or region, or Canada, etc is helpful. Pictures will be helpful. Frostbite is very common this time of year. Toes and feet, and combs and wattles are at risk if they get wet or have high humidity inthe coop during freezing temps.
I would suggest switching his feed to something like Flock Raiser, which has 20% protein and is well balanced. Scratch grains, oats and bread is not very nutritious. Scratch only has 7% protein. Oats make up a small percent of chicken feed, but they can be harmful in large amounts. A balanced feed may cost a little more, but that is all he needs.
I dont like to put where I live and they been fine on scratch fees for years and I feed them layer pellets and yes oats r good for them and bugs and other stuff

Dumor 24% is okay for him. Purina Flock Raiser is very good for all ages and sexes, and is comparable to chick grower with 20% protein. Hens need extra calcium, so most of us put out some crushed oyster shell from the feed store for the calcium they need, and they take what they need. Scratch is very attractive to chickens, but it is not a complete feed with the vitamins and minerals they need.

I use eggs shells crush up in the feed for them so chick grower dumber is ok for chicks?the dumber 24 percent is chick food I am just wondering os thats ok fpr chicks? Flock raiser to exspesive for me I get low price ones cuz I got allot of chickens and it goes fast

Back
Top Bottom