Need help with sexing my 1 month old Speckled Sussexs, if possible

chickencubenoob

Hatching
May 12, 2015
Hello, this is my first time raising chickens and my babies are officially a month old so I was hoping that, if possible, if I could get some help positively identifying the genders of my Speckled Sussex.
I'm also going to include pictures of the other breeds I have. When I purchased three Speckled Sussex the farmer was kind enough to include six free "sex-link" chicks that are not turning out true to their "sex-link" traits or to their breed at all. I'm more focused on the genders of the Speckled Sussexs but figured I might as well add the other photos of my other chickens since how they turned out is interesting. :)
Here's one I suspect is a rooster

Here's the second who is starting to develop a comb, but slower than the other two.

Here is the final Sussex who has developed a comb as well, but it's a bit larger than the chicken pictured before.

Here's the rest of the chickens! :)

Thank-you, so much! Hopefully I'm not asking too much and if I have to wait a few more weeks until the gender can be 100% identified I suppose I'll have to try and be my best to be patient. :)

It's usually plenty old to tell the gender by one month. Here's my guesses:

Chick #1 - Specked Sussex cockerel
Chick #2 - Specked Sussex pullet
Chick #3 - Speckled Sussex pullet
Chick #4 - Barred Rock cockerel
Chick #5 - Barred Rock cockerel
Chick #6 - Production Red pullet
Chick #7 - Easter Egger(?) pullet
Chick #8 - Black Australorp pullet

Hello, this is my first time raising chickens and my babies are officially a month old so I was hoping that, if possible, if I could get some help positively identifying the genders of my Speckled Sussex.
I'm also going to include pictures of the other breeds I have. When I purchased three Speckled Sussex the farmer was kind enough to include six free "sex-link" chicks that are not turning out true to their "sex-link" traits or to their breed at all. I'm more focused on the genders of the Speckled Sussexs but figured I might as well add the other photos of my other chickens since how they turned out is interesting. :)
Here's one I suspect is a rooster
Cockerel.

Here's the second who is starting to develop a comb, but slower than the other two.

Pullet.
Here is the final Sussex who has developed a comb as well, but it's a bit larger than the chicken pictured before.

Not sure, but thinking pullet.

Here's the rest of the chickens! :)

Cockerel.
Cockerel.
Pullet.

Pullet.
Pullet.

Thank-you, so much! Hopefully I'm not asking too much and if I have to wait a few more weeks until the gender can be 100% identified I suppose I'll have to try and be my best to be patient. :)

Thanks so much! I knew the two sex-links were roosters but I wanted to double check.
That's so great to hear, and I'll keep and eye on the second Sussex's comb development. :)

Back
Top Bottom