Need help with some plant and tree identification

Bummer. Guess a good thing though... maybe. There’s a lot of different things I will find growing throughout the year though especially when next spring rolls around. Excited. For now I’m just trying to figure out where to put my fencing or what may have to be removed for their safety ( they eat some Christmas lights and are 100% ok .. eat an azalea and sick as it gets).

Also in Virginia not the best time I guess to try to identify plants as in things are starting to turn and die off. We had an extended summer so that has helped but I’ll probably be able to tell a lot of things in spring. Just like the chestnut trees. Everything about them is telling me their true chestnut tree but I’m suspicious because those Aren’t around often anymore But in the spring I’ll know better when they bloom
And looking up the Mimosa tree and I believe you’re right on that it may have to go. It looks like it would be quite beautiful when it blooms but it’s going to be awful close to the goats and it’s not good for them

Also in Virginia not the best time I guess to try to identify plants as in things are starting to turn and die off. We had an extended summer so that has helped but I’ll probably be able to tell a lot of things in spring. Just like the chestnut trees. Everything about them is telling me their true chestnut tree but I’m suspicious because those Aren’t around often anymore But in the spring I’ll know better when they bloom
And looking up the Mimosa tree and I believe you’re right on that it may have to go. It looks like it would be quite beautiful when it blooms but it’s going to be awful close to the goats and it’s not good for them

Oh, sorry to hear that about the mimosa! It really is pretty, but of course what's best for the goats is primary. Hopefully there are more in your community so you can enjoy them as you drive around. They can be invasive, so keep an eye out for sprouts after you take your out!

Back
Top Bottom