Need help with the breed or breeds mix of this hen please ~:>

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cowchipss, Sep 16, 2013.

1. cowchipss

cowchipss Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    She is still molting but the first picture (directly below text) is from today and I think is closer to the color she will be. She's a rescue chicken so I have no information about her other than she's tough. She has a rose comb & buff colored feathers that turn to light brown feathers with details (maybe someone can help me with the correct term? penciling?) further back and a few of her tail feathers are dark brown. I'll take a few more to show the different colored feathers. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cowchipss

Apr 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are all from today and better show her feathers. :}

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    mixed breed, Im thinking Buff Orp and Gold Laced Wyandotte.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree

5. cowchipss

Apr 20, 2011
  6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X3. She's a pretty bird!

8. cowchipss

Apr 20, 2011
    I think so too. She's won our hearts & our respect. She survived in the woods for a month..... prior to her rescue. Now she is having to endure over 30 days quarantine as recommended by a poultry expert before integrating her with my small flock. Also, being treated for mites, worms & coccidiosis. She really doesn't have it too bad though. She's in a dog crate right next to the large window in the master bedroom. So she gets lots of natural sunlight and occasional small servings of fruit with her feed.

Yes, a chicken has taken over my master bedroom. I live in a residential neighborhood so the backyard is the only outdoor space I can keep chickens in. In order to do a quarantine I'm keeping her in the house for over a month. I usually use the garage for brooding but I didn't think a dark garage was an adequate dwelling for over a month. :}

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by