Need help with two hens!

jacca5

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Hodgenville, KY
I have two hens that look exactly like my two light brahma hens but they have NO feathers on their legs or feet. Does this mean that they are mixed breed or entirely different breed then the LB?

Maybe you have a delaware! Here is a pic of a hen. From what I see they look like brahmas only with out feather feet!
delaware_std_hen2.jpg

If they have the same feather pattern as light brahmas, then it is a columbian pattern. There are a few LF breeds that come in columbian, like plymouth rocks, wyandottes, and light sussex. Check the comb, if it is a single comb it is either a plymouth rock or sussex, the way to tell the difference in those breeds is leg color, sussex have white legs like orps and rocks will have yellow legs. If it has a rose comb it is a wyandotte. If they have a different comb then they could be a cross breed or even someones breeding project culls for the columbian color in a different breed.

Here is a pic of them. They are the two on the left. If it is not a close enough pic I'll take another. Thanks for your help!

hens004.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You I really do enjoy having them. I only have 7 hens and a rooster. But that was just the begining. I now have 3 five week old chicks and 16 eggs in the incubator
big_smile.png

It has taken forever to figure out what each of them are.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom