NEED HELP WITH UNHATCHED DUCK EGGS!!!!!!!

mc0llins2

Hatching
Jul 9, 2016

I have duck eggs that the mother duck never came back to and I don't know what to do with them. I don't know how old they are or if they are even alive. I just need someone to help me and tell to keep them or not there are 5 eggs. We have had them for 5 days now under a lamp, they seem to be really warm. I want to do what's best and if they're a lost cause, I don't want to get my hopes up. Really need some helpful advice. Hoping for the best.

Sorry, but those eggs have quit and are no longer developing :( There's no life in any of them. For the future, this is what you're looking for when you candle:

Last edited:

I have duck eggs that the mother duck never came back to and I don't know what to do with them. I don't know how old they are or if they are even alive. I just need someone to help me and tell to keep them or not there are 5 eggs. We have had them for 5 days now under a lamp, they seem to be really warm. I want to do what's best and if they're a lost cause, I don't want to get my hopes up. Really need some helpful advice. Hoping for the best.

When one of my ducks or geese decide to come out of the nests with their new babies, we always go in and get the remainder of the eggs and put them under a warm light in a styrofoam cooler. (no ice of course. lol) Each time we have done this, we have been able to hatch a few of the eggs. The ones that do not hatch after 5 days we discard. This year 1 gosling and 2 muskovies we were able to hatch using this method. We keep the temperature between 96 - 98 degrees and we turn the eggs 4-6 times a day.
Soon our duck will leave her nest with her young and we will get the remaining eggs and do this again. Last year we hatched 5 ducklings from 3 different nests once the mother left the nest with her new young ones.

All you need is a heat lamp, a storage container or cooler with lid off. We put a thermometer inside to make sure the temperature doesn't rise or fall and we keep a plastic container filled with water for humidity and also a misting or spray bottle with warm water to mist the eggs 4 times a day. Of course some of the eggs do not hatch even though a duckling or gosling is fully developed. Sad but we are happy with the ones we do manage to save.

Back
Top Bottom