need help!!!

thumbsup.gif

Once you start to help, chances are you will have to help it hatch all the way. Take your time, make sure the chick has air.

If it's chirping it should have already broken through the membrane. It may be glued to the inside of the shell though from the low humidity. I would scratch a little hole in the wide end of the egg and take a look. Main rule while helping a chick hatch: If you see blood stop. The easiest way to kill them is bleeding to death and the membrane is full of blood vessels until they are ready to hatch. During hatching the chick will absorb the blood so the membrane can be broken but until they are ready tearing any of the membrane will result in lots of blood loss.

Shell broken and the membrane bleeds...Patched it back and put back in the incubaot with extra damp clothes for moisture...

What do you mean you patched it back ? You should leave whatever hole you made open so the chick can get air !!

Was there a lot of blood or just a little ??

Is the membrane dry ??

Can you post a pic ??

Last edited:
broken open the membrane there was a little blood and just closed it back together. Do I need to leave it open?

Quote:
Ok, If there is only a little blood you should be ok to hatch it out. All shells have some blood.

Let me know if you find the camera !!

Back
Top Bottom