need help

I am not sure, I try to stop it once I see her jumping on top of the victim, but the victim's neck feathers are usually somewhat ruffled after
Yeah, I'm leaning hormonal issue as well. It sounds like male behavior. Could be she's off balance after the broody thing.

I'm not sure how a person goes about fixing chicken hormones though...

Does anyone know if chickens can eat Chaste Berry?

Chickens can't change sexes. However, it's possible for one to have a hormone shift that makes it act like the other sex, without actually BEING the other sex.
I'd separate her out for a few days to a week, then reintroduce her, and see if it helps at all. She might just need her hormones to settle back.

How many other birds do you have? Any roos?

Chickens can't change sexes. However, it's possible for one to have a hormone shift that makes it act like the other sex, without actually BEING the other sex.
I'd separate her out for a few days to a week, then reintroduce her, and see if it helps at all. She might just need her hormones to settle back.

How many other birds do you have? Any roos?

I have two other hens, no roos

Female birds can have dominant behavior....mounting is about dominance as well as mating. Your broody is just establishing her dominance, and probably still has some 'broody fierce' running in her veins.

Back
Top Bottom