Need Help!

Rushda

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
Hi everyone,
My chicken who is now 4 years old has been trying to lay an egg for the past 3 days but is unable to. She also isn't eating or drinking anything. I gave her calcium tablets. And even an Epsom salt bath but there isn't any improvement. She's just standing at the corner of the cage and keeps closing her eyes. She's pretty lethargic. She looks like shes trying really hard. I don't know what to do. Someone please tell me what I can do to get the egg out. I'm really worried and some help would mean alot to me.
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• IMG-20220913-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20220913-WA0006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20220913-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220913-WA0008.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20220913-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20220913-WA0009.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 3
Are you sure she's egg bound? I would think she would have passed by now, three days is awhile to be egg bound, hens don't usually last that long. When was the last time you know she laid an egg?

Are you sure she's egg bound? I would think she would have passed by now, three days is awhile to be egg bound, hens don't usually last that long. When was the last time you know she laid an egg?
She laid an egg about 5 days ago and I think she's eggbound because her butt is contracting but I'm not sure. What else could be the matter? What do you think?
Thanks

She laid an egg about 5 days ago and I think she's eggbound because her butt is contracting but I'm not sure. What else could be the matter? What do you think?
Thanks
Give her one calcium citrate +D3 tablet once a day until she lays an egg, if that's the case.
Keep giving her the epsom salt baths.

Check her crop in the morning and see if it emptied. How full is her crop now?
Is her abdomen bloated at all? (abdomen is located underneath the vent in between the vent).
Is her stance like a penguin at all?
Check her over for mites or lice, they will mostly be around the vent area.

Hi everyone,
My chicken who is now 4 years old has been trying to lay an egg for the past 3 days but is unable to. She also isn't eating or drinking anything. I gave her calcium tablets. And even an Epsom salt bath but there isn't any improvement. She's just standing at the corner of the cage and keeps closing her eyes. She's pretty lethargic. She looks like shes trying really hard. I don't know what to do. Someone please tell me what I can do to get the egg out. I'm really worried and some help would mean alot to me.
Thank you so much.
She is acting a bit energetic about 50% of the time but the remaining she's pretty lethargic. And also there seems to be some pulsating around her vent area. It increased when I put her in bath. I'll post the picture and you guys tell me what I can do.

Attachments

• IMG-20220914-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20220914-WA0009.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220914-014158.png
    Screenshot_20220914-014158.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Check her crop in the morning and see if it emptied. How full is her crop now?
Is her abdomen bloated at all? (abdomen is located underneath the vent in between the vent).
Is her stance like a penguin at all?
Check her over for mites or lice, they will mostly be around the vent area.
Hey
I don't think it's mites because I checked and there's nothing wrong but I'm not sure tho.
Thanks alot.:)

Back
Top Bottom