Need hugs - my dog got into the coop

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by K7 Menagerie, Sep 27, 2008.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    My lab mix got into the run this evening. I found one of my girls on the front porch, dying, and one is still missing. The others are safe and well.

I have locked the girls in their coop, and will deal with the damage to the run in the morning. I buried Rosemary next to the coop and built a cairn over the grave. I'm here by myself, just need some e-hugs from my BYC friends tonight..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. citychickers

citychickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Littleton Colorado
    I'm so sorry for your horrible loss. I've too lost chickens to our dogs. It's heart breaking because you love them all so much. I'm sorry you're having to go through this by yourself. Here's a hug and a prayer for you.......Kim

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i'm sorry!!...i hope the other comes back and is okay...have you searched the area for her?...again..sorry..[​IMG]..Wendy

4. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    A big hug and kiss from us. I' m so sorry [​IMG]

5. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I am so sorry about your loss. I know a little of how you feel as I lost three to my neighbor's dog this summer and one is still especially missed as she was the first chick we ever hatched. [​IMG]

Sometimes things just happen though even when you do your ver best. You are so sweet to bury her like that.

[​IMG]

6. polloboy

polloboy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    IM SORRY MY CHIHUAHUAS SOMETIMES GET MAD AT THE CHICKENS AND TRY TO BITE THEM BUT THE CHICKEN ARE TO BIG AND PICK THE DOGS BUT IM SORRY [​IMG]

7. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I've searched everywhere for the missing one - she is still little, only 8 weeks, and there is no sign of her. I will start searching for her again in the morning.....

8. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

[​IMG]
    I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose your birds this way. Take care, Tina

9. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm so sorry. I hope you find the other one alive and well tomorrow. She may be hiding somewhere and has bunkered down for the night. I've had missing chickens show up the next morning, perfectly fine, as if to say "Hey you worried about me?"

10. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:Yep ^ has happened here more than once and boy do those chickens know how to hide and they don't come out till they get good and ready. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by