Need hugs - my dog got into the coop

K7 Menagerie

Songster
11 Years
May 6, 2008
Bend, OR
My lab mix got into the run this evening. I found one of my girls on the front porch, dying, and one is still missing. The others are safe and well.

I have locked the girls in their coop, and will deal with the damage to the run in the morning. I buried Rosemary next to the coop and built a cairn over the grave. I'm here by myself, just need some e-hugs from my BYC friends tonight.....
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I'm so sorry for your horrible loss. I've too lost chickens to our dogs. It's heart breaking because you love them all so much. I'm sorry you're having to go through this by yourself. Here's a hug and a prayer for you.......Kim

i'm sorry!!...i hope the other comes back and is okay...have you searched the area for her?...again..sorry..
sad.png
..Wendy

I am so sorry about your loss. I know a little of how you feel as I lost three to my neighbor's dog this summer and one is still especially missed as she was the first chick we ever hatched.
th.gif

Sometimes things just happen though even when you do your ver best. You are so sweet to bury her like that.

hugs.gif

IM SORRY MY CHIHUAHUAS SOMETIMES GET MAD AT THE CHICKENS AND TRY TO BITE THEM BUT THE CHICKEN ARE TO BIG AND PICK THE DOGS BUT IM SORRY
hugs.gif

I've searched everywhere for the missing one - she is still little, only 8 weeks, and there is no sign of her. I will start searching for her again in the morning.....

I'm so sorry. I hope you find the other one alive and well tomorrow. She may be hiding somewhere and has bunkered down for the night. I've had missing chickens show up the next morning, perfectly fine, as if to say "Hey you worried about me?"

Quote:
Yep ^ has happened here more than once and boy do those chickens know how to hide and they don't come out till they get good and ready.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom