Need ID on several of my new chickens

Ha, I didn't know about the premium feather member - like I said, I'm still hatching ;-)

Thank you and I look forward to seeing what others think as well.

debbie

Here are pics of my others. I know Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, Primrose is my salmon faverolle, Margot is my tophat (if I had to pick 1 tophat out of the ones I ordered, the gold laced is definitely my fav), & Buffy & Muffy (not pictured) are my 2 black silkies.

I know the faverolle, silkies & tophat are obvious, but I'm right that Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, right?

Thanks again!
debbie
You definitely have a Silkie, Polish, and Faverolle but is there a way you could get a close up of the cuckoo maran on the right?

Hi Everyone,

I'm exciting to join this forum. I've read some of the questions and answers and I see that you are all very knowledgeable! Back in May my daughter and I purchased a bunch (18) of chicks from a, local farm that we've gotten chicks & pullets from before. We had a good success rate with them and we were looking for some different breeds for fun. I ordered a couple green goddesses, 3 ameraucanas (1 turned out to be a rooster), 4 polish tophats, a cream legbar, a cochin, 2 cuckoo marans, a lavender orpington, & a salmon faverolle.

Unfortunately what we *got* seems a little different than what we ordered. We had some losses in the beginning (actually 7 total, the farm replaced 2 of them). We've raised chicks in the past and never had a problem with so many dying in the beginning like that. But that's a different story). Anyway, I'm looking for an ID of a couple of them. I told you what I ordered just to see if you think that these could actually match up with what I ordered. I already talked to the farm but they aren't being much help. Probably because we had a big big problem with her husband who we ordered a $1600 chicken coop from and 3 months later he didn't produce even though he said it would be a couple weeks...

The farm lady said that Coco could be a green goddess yet she's laying small brown eggs. The others haven't started laying yet.

Any clues what these could be?
Thank you!!
debbie
1 is a black sexlink/star
2 Black Australorp
3 cream legbar
4 OEGB
5 EE

Hi Everyone,

I'm exciting to join this forum. I've read some of the questions and answers and I see that you are all very knowledgeable! Back in May my daughter and I purchased a bunch (18) of chicks from a, local farm that we've gotten chicks & pullets from before. We had a good success rate with them and we were looking for some different breeds for fun. I ordered a couple green goddesses, 3 ameraucanas (1 turned out to be a rooster), 4 polish tophats, a cream legbar, a cochin, 2 cuckoo marans, a lavender orpington, & a salmon faverolle.

Unfortunately what we *got* seems a little different than what we ordered. We had some losses in the beginning (actually 7 total, the farm replaced 2 of them). We've raised chicks in the past and never had a problem with so many dying in the beginning like that. But that's a different story). Anyway, I'm looking for an ID of a couple of them. I told you what I ordered just to see if you think that these could actually match up with what I ordered. I already talked to the farm but they aren't being much help. Probably because we had a big big problem with her husband who we ordered a $1600 chicken coop from and 3 months later he didn't produce even though he said it would be a couple weeks...

The farm lady said that Coco could be a green goddess yet she's laying small brown eggs. The others haven't started laying yet.

Any clues what these could be?
Thank you!!
debbie
#1 is a Black Copper Maran, not a black sex link, because she has feathers on her feet
#2 is a Black Australorp
#3 and #4 are both Red Sex Links
#5 and #6 are Easter eggers

Here are pics of my others. I know Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, Primrose is my salmon faverolle, Margot is my tophat (if I had to pick 1 tophat out of the ones I ordered, the gold laced is definitely my fav), & Buffy & Muffy (not pictured) are my 2 black silkies.

I know the faverolle, silkies & tophat are obvious, but I'm right that Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, right?

Thanks again!
debbie
You are right on all of those.

HI Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I thought maybe black australorp as well...problem is, I never ORDERED a black autralorp! D'oh... when you say #3 & 4 are red sex links, what does that mean? That they are just a mixed breed and could be anything? Obviously another set of 2 chickens I didn't order! The BCM would stand for black cuckoo maran? What does OEGB stand for?

Also someone asked for a close up pic of one of them, but I didn't know which one?

Thanks everyone!!!
debbie

You definitely have a Silkie, Polish, and Faverolle but is there a way you could get a close up of the cuckoo maran on the right?

Here's another picture of Gezibelle. I figured they were both cuckoo marans because they were so similar. Are you thinking of something else?

debbie

Attachments

• Gezibelle.jpg
    Gezibelle.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom