Need ID on several of my new chickens

piginmud

Hatching
Sep 28, 2020
Ha, I didn't know about the premium feather member - like I said, I'm still hatching ;-)

Thank you and I look forward to seeing what others think as well.

debbie

ILoveBabySilkies

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
WPB, FL
Here are pics of my others. I know Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, Primrose is my salmon faverolle, Margot is my tophat (if I had to pick 1 tophat out of the ones I ordered, the gold laced is definitely my fav), & Buffy & Muffy (not pictured) are my 2 black silkies.

I know the faverolle, silkies & tophat are obvious, but I'm right that Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, right?

Thanks again!
debbie
You definitely have a Silkie, Polish, and Faverolle but is there a way you could get a close up of the cuckoo maran on the right?

Flockincrazy

Songster
May 23, 2020
Elyria, Ohio
Hi Everyone,

I'm exciting to join this forum. I've read some of the questions and answers and I see that you are all very knowledgeable! Back in May my daughter and I purchased a bunch (18) of chicks from a, local farm that we've gotten chicks & pullets from before. We had a good success rate with them and we were looking for some different breeds for fun. I ordered a couple green goddesses, 3 ameraucanas (1 turned out to be a rooster), 4 polish tophats, a cream legbar, a cochin, 2 cuckoo marans, a lavender orpington, & a salmon faverolle.

Unfortunately what we *got* seems a little different than what we ordered. We had some losses in the beginning (actually 7 total, the farm replaced 2 of them). We've raised chicks in the past and never had a problem with so many dying in the beginning like that. But that's a different story). Anyway, I'm looking for an ID of a couple of them. I told you what I ordered just to see if you think that these could actually match up with what I ordered. I already talked to the farm but they aren't being much help. Probably because we had a big big problem with her husband who we ordered a $1600 chicken coop from and 3 months later he didn't produce even though he said it would be a couple weeks...

The farm lady said that Coco could be a green goddess yet she's laying small brown eggs. The others haven't started laying yet.

Any clues what these could be?
Thank you!!
debbie
1 is a black sexlink/star
2 Black Australorp
3 cream legbar
4 OEGB
5 EE

FuzzyCritters

Songster
Mar 13, 2020
Kitsap county, WA
Hi Everyone,

I'm exciting to join this forum. I've read some of the questions and answers and I see that you are all very knowledgeable! Back in May my daughter and I purchased a bunch (18) of chicks from a, local farm that we've gotten chicks & pullets from before. We had a good success rate with them and we were looking for some different breeds for fun. I ordered a couple green goddesses, 3 ameraucanas (1 turned out to be a rooster), 4 polish tophats, a cream legbar, a cochin, 2 cuckoo marans, a lavender orpington, & a salmon faverolle.

Unfortunately what we *got* seems a little different than what we ordered. We had some losses in the beginning (actually 7 total, the farm replaced 2 of them). We've raised chicks in the past and never had a problem with so many dying in the beginning like that. But that's a different story). Anyway, I'm looking for an ID of a couple of them. I told you what I ordered just to see if you think that these could actually match up with what I ordered. I already talked to the farm but they aren't being much help. Probably because we had a big big problem with her husband who we ordered a $1600 chicken coop from and 3 months later he didn't produce even though he said it would be a couple weeks...

The farm lady said that Coco could be a green goddess yet she's laying small brown eggs. The others haven't started laying yet.

Any clues what these could be?
Thank you!!
debbie
#1 is a Black Copper Maran, not a black sex link, because she has feathers on her feet
#2 is a Black Australorp
#3 and #4 are both Red Sex Links
#5 and #6 are Easter eggers

Here are pics of my others. I know Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, Primrose is my salmon faverolle, Margot is my tophat (if I had to pick 1 tophat out of the ones I ordered, the gold laced is definitely my fav), & Buffy & Muffy (not pictured) are my 2 black silkies.

I know the faverolle, silkies & tophat are obvious, but I'm right that Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, right?

Thanks again!
debbie
You are right on all of those.

piginmud

Hatching
Sep 28, 2020
HI Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I thought maybe black australorp as well...problem is, I never ORDERED a black autralorp! D'oh... when you say #3 & 4 are red sex links, what does that mean? That they are just a mixed breed and could be anything? Obviously another set of 2 chickens I didn't order! The BCM would stand for black cuckoo maran? What does OEGB stand for?

Also someone asked for a close up pic of one of them, but I didn't know which one?

Thanks everyone!!!
debbie

piginmud

Hatching
Sep 28, 2020
You definitely have a Silkie, Polish, and Faverolle but is there a way you could get a close up of the cuckoo maran on the right?
Here's another picture of Gezibelle. I figured they were both cuckoo marans because they were so similar. Are you thinking of something else?

debbie

Attachments

Top Bottom