Need ID on several of my new chickens

piginmud

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm exciting to join this forum. I've read some of the questions and answers and I see that you are all very knowledgeable! Back in May my daughter and I purchased a bunch (18) of chicks from a, local farm that we've gotten chicks & pullets from before. We had a good success rate with them and we were looking for some different breeds for fun. I ordered a couple green goddesses, 3 ameraucanas (1 turned out to be a rooster), 4 polish tophats, a cream legbar, a cochin, 2 cuckoo marans, a lavender orpington, & a salmon faverolle.

Unfortunately what we *got* seems a little different than what we ordered. We had some losses in the beginning (actually 7 total, the farm replaced 2 of them). We've raised chicks in the past and never had a problem with so many dying in the beginning like that. But that's a different story). Anyway, I'm looking for an ID of a couple of them. I told you what I ordered just to see if you think that these could actually match up with what I ordered. I already talked to the farm but they aren't being much help. Probably because we had a big big problem with her husband who we ordered a $1600 chicken coop from and 3 months later he didn't produce even though he said it would be a couple weeks...

The farm lady said that Coco could be a green goddess yet she's laying small brown eggs. The others haven't started laying yet.

Any clues what these could be?
Thank you!!
debbie

Attachments

• Anoushka.jpg
    Anoushka.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Bianca.jpg
    Bianca.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Coco n Cordelia.jpg
    Coco n Cordelia.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 27
  • Pandora.jpg
    Pandora.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • Trixie 2.jpg
    Trixie 2.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 26
Anoushka looks like she may some Marans in her. Bianca looks like australorp or australorp mix.:)
I have not heard of a green goddess, but may be one of the new hybrids that lay green eggs. Even these hybrids can sometims lay brown.

I appreciate your help! Good at least I do have 2 easter eggers! Wonder what the 1st two are. Maybe that's why the lady at the farm never answered me because she gave me "whatever", ha! BTW, I trust your opinion because I see that you are a "premium feather member" according to this site - gotta love it! I'm still hatching... hopefully one day I'll be a premium feather member :)

Nice looking birds, but looks like you did not get what you ordered. Premium Feather member just means I paid not to see advertisements on the site!:)
Others may also post and give their opinions. Hopefully your Easter Eggers will give you some colored eggs.
Welcome to BYC!:)

Here are pics of my others. I know Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, Primrose is my salmon faverolle, Margot is my tophat (if I had to pick 1 tophat out of the ones I ordered, the gold laced is definitely my fav), & Buffy & Muffy (not pictured) are my 2 black silkies.

I know the faverolle, silkies & tophat are obvious, but I'm right that Prudence & Gezibelle are cuckoo marans, right?

Thanks again!
debbie

Attachments

• Prudence n Gezibelle.jpg
    Prudence n Gezibelle.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 23
  • Primrose 2.jpg
    Primrose 2.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 23
  • Margot 2.jpg
    Margot 2.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Buffy.jpg
    Buffy.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 16
Ha, I didn't know about the premium feather member - like I said, I'm still hatching ;-)

Thank you and I look forward to seeing what others think as well.

debbie

Back
Top Bottom