1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need one or two chicks, in Central Connecticut

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by humpbacks1962, Jun 20, 2007.

1. humpbacks1962

humpbacks1962 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    I've had two Black Stars as pets for a while. My dog, however, injured one. She still lays and is an awesome pet! But she can't scratch the ground as a result of her injury.

So, all I need is someone to replace her pest control duties in the garden. My chickens aren't dinner. They are my compost enhancers, garden weeders, pest control, and egg suppliers. Two fresh eggs a day is plenty for a family of three, trust me!

I'd prefer a brown egg layer, if possible, but am most concerned about having my garden worked. Definitely a girl. Can't have roosters in my neighborhood.

If you have anything available, please e-mail me. Thank you

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Where are you in CT? I have an order coming in of chicks, with extras. I also am hatching naked necks and orpingtons. But of course, they will be chicks--not chickens. Bargain News has some chickens in Ct for sale also.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  3. humpbacks1962

humpbacks1962 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    I am in Middletown. Can I buy one of your chicks? I'd love an Orpington girl...

Wanda

4. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

tiffany I live in east hampton. I would be interested in buying some naked necks. where are you? how much? when are they going to be able to be sold?

5. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    wanda--Im right down the street in Durham. I have adult buff now but I am hesitant to part with her. actually, I have two that I love. The livestock auction is right of 17 in Durham. if you are looking for a hen immediatley-- every Monday they have an auction. They mostly have reds which are good ,but the occasional wyandotte or buff orpington. I have blue/splash/black orpington eggs going in tommrow, so in three weeks I will have those (ideally) but I wont be able to tell right away what are hens or roosters. I will also have some extra mille fluer dutch bantams that will be in next week, but it sounds as though you want standards...just let me know!!!!! [​IMG]

Fosterchick- that great. ill see how this hatch goes and contact you when/if they hatch which should be July 8th or so. They will be cheap-dont worry! I hatch for fun so Im not charging much at all! They are standards..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by