Need one or two chicks, in Central Connecticut

humpbacks1962

Songster
12 Years
Jun 20, 2007
Middletown, CT
I've had two Black Stars as pets for a while. My dog, however, injured one. She still lays and is an awesome pet! But she can't scratch the ground as a result of her injury.

So, all I need is someone to replace her pest control duties in the garden. My chickens aren't dinner. They are my compost enhancers, garden weeders, pest control, and egg suppliers. Two fresh eggs a day is plenty for a family of three, trust me!

I'd prefer a brown egg layer, if possible, but am most concerned about having my garden worked. Definitely a girl. Can't have roosters in my neighborhood.

If you have anything available, please e-mail me. Thank you

Where are you in CT? I have an order coming in of chicks, with extras. I also am hatching naked necks and orpingtons. But of course, they will be chicks--not chickens. Bargain News has some chickens in Ct for sale also.

Last edited:
wanda--Im right down the street in Durham. I have adult buff now but I am hesitant to part with her. actually, I have two that I love. The livestock auction is right of 17 in Durham. if you are looking for a hen immediatley-- every Monday they have an auction. They mostly have reds which are good ,but the occasional wyandotte or buff orpington. I have blue/splash/black orpington eggs going in tommrow, so in three weeks I will have those (ideally) but I wont be able to tell right away what are hens or roosters. I will also have some extra mille fluer dutch bantams that will be in next week, but it sounds as though you want standards...just let me know!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Fosterchick- that great. ill see how this hatch goes and contact you when/if they hatch which should be July 8th or so. They will be cheap-dont worry! I hatch for fun so Im not charging much at all! They are standards.....
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom