Need Passover diet for baby poults

Be sure to use a poultry vitamin pack made to go in their water so that they get the proper balance while they're so young. Scrambled or hard boiled eggs and meal worms are great and another good source of protein would be sunflower seeds, without hulls, grind finely. Be sure to give them some chick grit/sand to help them grind up the unrefined food.

Exodus 12:28
Exodus 12:28,we should all be obedient, if we were the world would be in a much better state than it is now, AMEN!

To bad that these guys will be having this special diet when it is already a difficult time to get them to eat and there bones are being developed. You do not want any leg problems. Your feed store should sell a soybean meal. If they don't, have them order it. It should be about 47% protein but I have seen it as high as 54%. Corn should be about 8.5 % protein. Equal parts by weight should give you about a 27% protein depending on how high that soybean meal is. I would also add nutritional brewers yeast to give them extra nutrition. All health food stores carry it if your feed store does not. You can blend the corn in a vita-mix to get it to a texture that resembles turkey starter. What ever you decide if you need help formulating the mixture to the right amount of protein, drop me a PM.
Maybe I should add some brewers yeast and ground up corn to what I'm already doing. Since I feed non-GMO organic soy free food to my flocks the turkey grower(which I put in my Vita mix to make the grain a little smaller) I am feeding my poults only has 20.5% protein so to boost that I feed my 5 poults (about 1 week old now) about one tsp or more of crush FD meal worms in the morning and a couple tsp or more of the smashed hard boiled eggs. do you think that's enough protein or should I add more corn or brewers yeast? I have both.

Back
Top Bottom