Need Passover diet for baby poults

ChooksChick,

Thanks for this. The processing part has to do with cooking or fermenting or heating the soybeans to change the quality of the proteins so they can be absorbed. Picture eating uncooked beans (not pretty), but cooked beans are very nutritious. Actually... just thinking out loud here... tofu crumbles might be an idea.

I think I'll have to go with the soy because nothing else has that kind of protein, but I'll supplement. The peanuts are a good idea. Anyway it's only for 8 days, then I can give them starter crumbles.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, the cooking process should make it viable for this purpose for short term use. I wonder about cottage cheese? I would certainly consider eggs as a HUGE opportunity for a source of protein, as they are nearly the perfect food for chicks. Scrambled eggs are palatable, as well. Further, you can consider canned tuna and some other plain fish sources as a good option. I apologize if any of these is against the kosher rules...I have to plead ignorance on that- but I wouldn't lean on any ONE source, that's my only point.

Your thoughtfulness on this is admirable, and I would love to know what you decide and hope you share how it works for you.

FYI. I had similar question with regard to chicken feed during Pesach. Apparently alfalfa pellets are made with animal and vegetable fat. I don't know about the mash, but if it is made from mashing pellets, then it probably has animal fats in it. Whether for Passover or not, that seems wrong in so many ways. I am going to my local feed store on Sunday, and will put together a combination of various seeds that I'll use for a feed substitute during Chag. My chickens will be Sephardic for Passover!

Now I've seen everything. I've never heard that one's animals must also follow one's religious beliefs. I guess I need to start taking my chickens to church.

The idea of feeding your animals food that's kosher for Passover has to do with the idea that during Passover you're not supposed to gain anything from the use of stuff that's not kosher for Passover. So, if you take that idea seriously, you shouldn't eat the eggs produced from chickens eating not kosher for Passover food (chametz) (ie not gain something from your chametz), or 'sell' the birds before the holiday, and someone else will get the gain from it. It has nothing to do with the animals observing anything religiously!

how about the freeze dried meal worms (my feed stores carry theseina "gallon-size" jugor smaller bag) and hard boiled egg, put vitamins in their water,can you feed them sprouts? they may not be able to handle those at newborn stage though (the sprouts).

how about the freeze dried meal worms (my feed stores carry these in a "gallon-size" jug or smaller bag) and hard boiled egg, put vitamins in their water,can you feed them sprouts? they may not be able to handle those at newborn stage though (the sprouts).

for all of those reasons my flocks and my family are all soy free(as much as is possible if manufacturers are truthful in their labeling practices). Thanks for sharing that. I try to tell people about the ill effects of soy and I get a deer in the headlights look or a Look like they think I'm dumb or something. I've researched a lot on soy and found that our children are maturing physically earlier now and the boys are exhibiting effect from the extra estrogen because many babies on formula are on a soy-based formula

Sorry, I'm new at this posting stuff and realized that I didn't include the "quote" about the research on the soybeans from the reply above, and I posted the same comment twice.

Back
Top Bottom