Need Quick Response, Turken Roosters???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by luvmychickas, Oct 5, 2009.

1. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Ok [​IMG] I have 52 minutes to adjust my ideal order. I really want to get a turken male, since my female is beyond friendly and just a great girl. From what I read, the boys are super friendly. I just wanted to get someone's personal experience with them, since I have never had males [​IMG] Thank you!!

2. Cherokeerainbow

Cherokeerainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Turner, Maine
    They are pretty sociable, just handle him from the start...or I found they can be a bit skittish too.
    You'll love him. (I thought they were pretty good with the hens too, not too rough or aggresive)

3. luvmychickas

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Perfect [​IMG] I have a friend who could take him if it doesn't work out, I just was hoping he would be like my hen [​IMG]

4. luvmychickas

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Well, I took the plunge and ordered just one male [​IMG] We will see what happens [​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    He should be fine. I've had them before and none were mean. They do make a good pot of stew though! Hardly any plucking involved!

I was only interested in keeping the females at the time. [​IMG]

6. luvmychickas

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I really wish I could get to the point that I could process and eat my own. I just have to stop naming them I guess [​IMG]

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Oh you can give them names like Soup, Dumpling, Fricassée, etc... [​IMG]

8. luvmychickas

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    LOL. I really want to get to the point, I like knowing what conditions they lived in and what they ate, I just get so attached. I know its a chicken but maybe next year??? I will tell you my turkey is about to be thanksgiving dinner!! She would be if I could find someone to process her for me [​IMG][​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Wish you were closer, I have two Turken roos that need a home. [​IMG]

10. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Wish you were closer I need a turken roo as the one turken roo I ordered died and I have one turken hen and one Turken pullet and no boy lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by