Need Quick Response, Turken Roosters???

luvmychickas

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Massachusetts
Ok
smile.png
I have 52 minutes to adjust my ideal order. I really want to get a turken male, since my female is beyond friendly and just a great girl. From what I read, the boys are super friendly. I just wanted to get someone's personal experience with them, since I have never had males
smile.png
Thank you!!

They are pretty sociable, just handle him from the start...or I found they can be a bit skittish too.
You'll love him. (I thought they were pretty good with the hens too, not too rough or aggresive)

He should be fine. I've had them before and none were mean. They do make a good pot of stew though! Hardly any plucking involved!

I was only interested in keeping the females at the time.
wink.png

LOL. I really want to get to the point, I like knowing what conditions they lived in and what they ate, I just get so attached. I know its a chicken but maybe next year??? I will tell you my turkey is about to be thanksgiving dinner!! She would be if I could find someone to process her for me
tongue.png
tongue.png

Quote:
Wish you were closer I need a turken roo as the one turken roo I ordered died and I have one turken hen and one Turken pullet and no boy lol!

Back
Top Bottom