Need small feeder idea for 4x3 coop.

I will try to post a picture later. I need to learn how to do it sooner or later
smile.png

73691_img_0928.jpg

73691_img_0927.jpg

73691_img_0926.jpg

Hey it worked first time! This is the feeder I use for my 4 hens. easy to fill and with the top door closed they can't get into it with the cover i made.

Last edited:
I use my old chick feeder/waterer inside my 4x3 coop at night. I hang them from the rafters. It's funny that my girls haven't really outgrown them. I guess most people with chicks use the feeder/waterers for LOTS of chicks, not just three (like me).

During the day, I keep the chick waterer in the coop as a back-up, but move the food out to the run. I have a bigger waterer out there, too. Three chickens go through more water than my chick waterer can hold, but they don't eat any more food than the chick feeder holds.

I modified the chick feeder/waterer so that they could hang. For the feeder, I just threaded a wire through the top. Because the waterer needs to be airtight, I rigged it with a hook and some duct tape.

These are the original one quart feeder/waterer. I like them because they're mostly vertical, and don't take up a lot of space. I don't think I have a pic of the modified ones. Too bad, too. I even used my fancy tie-dye duct tape to make them more fashionable, lol.
2167109_set
2106331_set
2167117_set

Chad,

Love your feeder. I will have to make on of those. The standard feeder takes up too much room in my coop but your is up and out of the way. Great design!

Thanks, I got the idea from someone on here awhile back. its cheap and easy to make, and if you hang it at the right hight the chickens dont waste much of anything. if you have questions please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom