Need sme advice about incubator

SusanJK

Hatching
Mar 4, 2015
Texas
I bought a incubator from tractor supply and it sucks! the temp on the thing is off and the humidity is off too. I lost one baby chick because of it. I want a better one can anyone give some advice on what would be good?

The temps are off on almost all of them, you need to get a quality calibrated thermometer that you trust, never the one on the bator. From the research I have done brinsea seems to be top of the list if your wallet is deep enough, next seems to be hova-bator. Although I would recommend the digital one, as the wafer style thermostats seem to be unreliable over time. I am looking at purchasing a new bator myself and its between Hova-bator genesis and incuview plastic bator. Look it up, read reviews, and make a go from there.

The temps are off on almost all of them, you need to get a quality calibrated thermometer that you trust, never the one on the bator. From the research I have done brinsea seems to be top of the list if your wallet is deep enough, next seems to be hova-bator. Although I would recommend the digital one, as the wafer style thermostats seem to be unreliable over time. I am looking at purchasing a new bator myself and its between Hova-bator genesis and incuview plastic bator. Look it up, read reviews, and make a go from there.
xs 2 Never trust the gages on the incubator. You can get good hatches in them, just use external means of temp and humidity measurements.

I'm also looking at getting a new bator before my next hatch. I am going between the hovabator and Farm Innovators Pro series.

Back
Top Bottom