Need some advice and suggestions please...

philter4

Songster
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Placerville CA
I am having a couple of problems, first I have mosquitoes everywhere. I don't have standing water on the property but I live on 2 acres that is between 2 creeks and I have no control over the neighbors properties. I have chemical attractants and traps but it's not working and the birds combs are full of bites. Any ideas? Does anyone else have something like this happening and if so what have you done to try to stop it?

I also have deer and they are not afraid of people, they hop the pens 5 ft fence easily and eat the food, even if I'm there. Any suggestions to keeping them out? Are there any types of feeders theft are deer proof?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have that could help, at this point I am willing to try anything.

I recommend guineas for all natural bug control. Consider feeding your birds a couple times a day. I toss feed + scratch + BOSS + whole corn mix on the ground twice a day and my birds free range every day from noonish til roost time. If possible, toss out something for the deer away from your coops. You may want to consider a 'hot wire' around the area where the chicks are.

Back
Top Bottom